A big thank you to the CF Community
July 5, 2007
Recently at work we completed a major re-write of our application in short time frame. There is no way we would have made it without using the following:
- Mach-II -- My first time working with Mach-II and I really like it. That and its very fast. So thanks to the original authors Hal Helms and Ben Edwards along with the current stewards Matt Woodward, Peter Farell and Kurt Wiersma
- Illudium P36 Code Generator -- This code generator by Brian Rinaldi creates a bean, dao, gateway and service for a database table. Better still it creates the XML needed for the ColdSpring service.xml file which brings me to.
- ColdSpring -- Amazing software that "wires" together CFC's based on the concept of the Java Spring framework. Thanks to Chris Scott and Dave Ross.
- POIUtility.cfc -- Written by Ben Nadel this CFC makes both the creation of and reading from Excel spreadsheets a breeze.
- ColdFusion 8 (Scorpio) -- We received permission from Adobe to develop on, and release on, Scorpio (and to write about it here). The new tag and function sets are very deep and we used a lot of them in our application. In particular we do a lot of pdf manipulation and the cfpdf tag has saved us a great amount of time. Overall using CF8 has saved us about a months development time and greatly enhanced our product. Plus it is wicked fast.
- CFEclipse -- Thanks to Mark Drew for making a great editor for CF as I'm sure most of you know. We also use CVS so developing on the Eclipse platform makes a great deal of sense.
Many, many thanks to all the individuals who have worked on the above projects.
Some comments have been lost over the years due to moving hosts.